Because my piano studio is not a full-time job, my business practices are different from what many piano teachers adhere to. In my studio:
- If parents do wait during a lesson, I ask that any phone calls be taken outside.
- Parents are always welcome to wait during their child's lesson, but it is also fine to leave the child(ren) with me for their lesson time only
- Lessons cost $20 for 1/2 hour ($30 for 45 minutes, $40 for one hour)
- Payment is expected at least once a month (either at the beginning or the end)
- You pay only for lessons that are taken (and lessons that you did not call, text, or email in advance to cancel)
- If you paid in advance for a lesson that is cancelled, the payment will be applied to the next month's balance
- I may need to cancel lessons because of evening school commitments, but I will let you know far in advance
- Rescheduling lessons. with my full schedule, is not always possible, but we can try.
- Piano lessons run on time, and you will always receive a 30-minute lesson, even if I am running late. If you are running late, the lesson will end at your scheduled time as to not impact other students.
- I recently upgraded my studio piano to a gorgeous 5'10" Kawai Living Grand: